In honour of Canada Day – Red Heart from Hey Rosetta
Happy Canada Day to all the Tim and Sidizens and 6 million readers of this blog around the world 😉 Okay, maybe not that many, but a lot. What a day people! The better half and I are in Toronto for the long weekend and I stopped by the Score studios for a tour. Then, if the day couldn’t get any better, the boys asked if I would be interested in going on the Tim and Sid: Uncut radio show. WTF people, WTF! Amazing.
I want to write a lot more about my experiences both on the show and meeting the guys, but I’m staying at the Westin Harbour Hotel Dowtown and they rape your wallet – my VISA was just dinged $20 for 15 minutes so I have to make this quick. Stay tuned though because on Sunday evening, I’ll not only provide a full review of today’s episode of Tim and Sid: Uncut, but I’ll also do up an entry discussing my visit, the highlights, and a behind-the-scenes look that make up the show. For a little preview, here are some interesting facts from today:
1. If Rob Pizzo works for 4 hours in one day, he will not be able to provide a Pizzo’s Update.
2. After meeting the guys, I’ve decided that Mauro Ranallo should not be predicting fights because there’s no way a Micallef vs. Seixeiro fight goes to a decision.
3. Sid really does like to eat fried food.
4. Hainser lived up to everything I imagined, and then some. He is not a fictional character and he really uses the terms “Brother” and “Yo“.
5. Bronsteter has reflexes like a cat. Watching him produce the show (i.e. working the computers and the phones) was like magic.
6. I now know why Cam Stewart hosts Red Heat. His face actually does turn red.
In all seriousness though, all the guys at the studio, Aaron, Tim, Sid, Rob, Mike, Roger, Dave, and even Hainser were nice dudes (I’m still undecided about Noon because he wasn’t there). They really welcomed me today and it felt like I was hanging out with guys I’ve known for years. What you see is what you get and my appreciation for what they do, all their hard work, and the Score Media Inc., has increased 10-fold; hard to believe that was even possible. Thanks again guys – it meant a lot to me. It really gave me the desire to keep working this blog and striving for my goal of one day working in the sports business, in some capacity. Cheers to you all.
* Remember, there’s no live show on Monday Tim and Sidizens. The boys will be having a well deserved holiday. Just like true Canadians, they’re going to celebrate the American holiday, July 4th 😉 And stay tuned for today’s review in the next couple of days; once I make it back home.